Job Title: Director of Business Development
Company: Koncerted LLC
Location of Headquarters: Chelsea, MA
Years with Current Company: 3 Years (May 2015)
Years as a BRAGB Member: Year 1: (August 2018)
Birthplace/Hometown: Westwood, MA
College Attended: Quinnipiac University, Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management Degree
First Job Unrelated to Field: Hospitality Industry (Waiter, Bartending, Catering)
First Job in Current Field: Koncerted
How Did You Get Into the Business: During Koncerted’s infancy I started as a part-time office assistant. I learned the processes, products and their unique approach to technology integration over a two year span. At this point I showed interest in expanding Koncerted’s digital presences and developing a long term growth strategy. From that plan, we were able to develop a low voltage project management division to tackle large projects such as the Encore Casino. As Koncerted grew, I stepped into a full time role as Director of Business Development.
What's Your Company's Newest or Most Noteworthy Product or Service: As a top tier technology integrator Koncerted is always looking for the latest and greatest products on the market. However, the most noteworthy service that Koncerted provides is our post-installation training and support. Koncerted believes that the install is just the beginning of our relationship. We have an amazing individual in our Director of Experience position who ensures that every client is beyond satisfied with their new system and is adept in utilizing all of its capabilities. We provide remote monitoring and healing service for all of our systems and after-hours/weekend support. As technology continues to integrate into every aspect of our daily lives it is essential to have a team that is dedicated to service.
Keys to Success: Koncerted’s keys to success directly inline with our three principles.
1. First, we are product agnostic. We begin by understanding our client's needs and routines to develop robust audio/video systems that integrate seamlessly into their everyday lives.
2. Secondly, our business model focuses heavily on the customer experience. We listen. We react. We predict. We build relationships with every client we come into contact with, and over 90% of our business is word of mouth. We strongly believe if we develop a strong relationship, then we are always building trust, and clients rely on us to steer them towards their technological goals.
3. Lastly, we adapt. Technology is changing rapidly. For this reason, we don't sell suites of products that can make the entire system obsolete in the next few years. We create solutions based on products that can be replaced individually and on the client's schedule.
If You Had to Choose a Different Profession, What Would It Be:
I have a passion for technology. There is not many other professions or industries that has seen such a rapid immersion as that of the building industry. I love my job for this reason! Being able to collaborate with builders, architects and designers to create harmony through technology is my passion.
Are You Involved In Any Other Organizations Besides BRAGB:
Koncerted is heavily involved with BRAGB through sponsorships, attending committee meetings, and being involved with the Board of Directors. We are also members of the following organizations:
1. Home Builder’s Building Association of Cape Cod
2. EM NARI & NARI
3. Boston Society of Architects
4. The Chamber of Commerce of Greater Boston
5. Chelsea Chamber of Commerce
What's Something Most People Don't Know About You: I am a big fan of continued education through experiences. I try to go to events such as “Startup Weekend,” at least once every six months, the most recent one was a weekend dedicated to “Blockchain Technology.” In the course of a single weekend individuals evolve an idea into an established business with a plan and a minimum viable product. People of all ages come together network, collaborate, and develop a business plan.
Hobbies: In my spare time I enjoy golfing and tennis
Favorite TV Show Currently on the Air: Designated Survivor
Favorite Sports Team: The New England Patriots
Favorite Novel: It Doesn’t Have To Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson.
Favorite Film: Wolf of Wallstreet