Job title: President
Company: WindJammer Construction and Fairview Millwork
Location of Headquarters: Bridgewater, MA
Years with Current Company: Windjammer 34, Fairview 20
Years as a BRAGB Member: 34
Birthplace/Hometown: Newton, MA / Bridgewater, MA
Family: Wife Lei--Son Jay, Daughter Laura, Boy on the way in April
- Studied Business Administration at Marquette University
- Studied Commonwealth Scholar BA Political Science and Business Major Summa Cum Laude at University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Studied Zoning, Taxation, Real Estate and Environmental Law at Western New England College School of Law
- Went to Xaverian Brother High School
First Job in Current Field: Swept floors at the age of 8 and tarred foundations at the age of 10
How Did You Get Into the Business: Both Grandfather and Father built home and owned their own building materials businesses.
Keys to Success:
- Have a three-year plan for success.
- Realize that you, not others, ultimately control your success.
- The old boy scout motto "Be Prepared"! Be willing to work hard and long hours if necessary
- Focus on Customer Service
- Build the Best team of employees, sub-contractors, professionals, suppliers, vendors, products and service providers. Pay your bills on time and take all discounts.
- Shrug off your setbacks and accept constructive ideas and criticism. Be a problem solver not a problem maker.
- Be the conductor of your symphony. Make sure everyone plays off the same sheet of music. Know when to put the petal to the metal but be able to ease off when needed.
- Always stand for integrity and ethics in business. Admit and accept fault.
- Remind yourself that every day is a new opportunity and one thing you can never get back is lost time.
- Keep yourself in top physical condition.
- Always be open to learning new ideas and educational opportunities.
- Avoid Conflict--Having a law degree has been worth is weight in gold. It has allowed me to stay out of conflict but also to not be pushed around. Building over 500 homes never sued and never been brought to arbitration on a construction issues.
- Always be Networking.
- Don't be afraid of Failure
- It's not always easy but try to balance life and allow some time for fun and enjoyment
Are You Involved In Any Other Organizations Besides BRAGB:
- Trustee and Finance Committee Curry College Milton, MA
- Former Trustee and Finance Committee Xaverian Brothers High School
- Chair-Elect National Housing Endowment--The philanthropic arm of the National Association of Home Builders www.nationalhousingendowment.org
- NAHB Senior Life Director 25+ years --4 Time New England Area Officer
- 7-time Chair-The New American Home -- www.thah.com NAHB’s official show home
Hobbies: Collection of Boston Sports Memorabilia
Favorite TV Show Currently on the Air: None--Only watch sports and news on TV
Favorite Sports Team: New England Patriots
Favorite Novel: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Favorite Film: Casablanca